Become a Member today.
Lune Valley Community Society was formed to undertake a community asset transfer of what was Hornby Swimming Pool from the Lancashire County Council back to the community. It is a charitable trust (No. 1176086) with a board of trustees responsible for the running of the swimming pool. However, whilst our trustees are able to provide as much support as they can, we need community support via membership pledges. These pledges help us with the financial running of the community swimming pool so that we can provide a fun and happy environment for all to enjoy.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER
1) Membership will be offered at a minimum of £25 each. You can decide whether you would like to pledge a greater amount. Any pledge is greatly appreciated!
2) With your pledge of multiple of £25, membership for various members of your family can be purchased. Family, grandchildren and friends - you have the ability to purchase membership for anybody, both here and overseas.
3) Membership comes with voting rights at our Charity Meetings. Without exception, membership carries one vote. Members may stand for election to the position of Trustee at the annual general meeting and have an involvement in the running of the charity.
4) Memberships will be for life with this single payment.
5) Under the constitution, as approved by the charity commission, should the charity be wound up, membership will carry no liability to contribute to its assets and no personal responsibility for settling its debts and liabilities.
6) All members of the charity will receive a membership certificate in due course.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
If you would like to become a member of our charity, please click the button below to take you to our membership form and proceed along one of the following routes -
a) Call in person to the pool with the completed membership and gift aid forms and pay the sum amount either by cash or cheque.
b) Complete membership and gift aid forms and email them back to us at and make payment BACS direct to the LVCS account. Please remember to add a reference to the bank instruction allowing us to identify who the payment relates to - your name or something relating to you. This reference MUST be highlighted on the attached form. Our banking details are as followed:
Sort Code 01-04-81
Account No 34649603
c) Mail the completed membership and gift aid forms and enclose a cheque payable to Lune Valley Community Society Ltd (or LVCS) to the following address -
Lune Valley Swimming Pool